Pages

Monday

New Week, New Season

I've really enjoyed this summer for so many reasons but my favourite has to be spending long days in the garden, drinking tea and knitting.



However when I woke up this morning it felt very much like autumn had arrived it was decidedly much colder than it has felt other mornings.

Nevertheless this does not make me unhappy,
because autumn to me is a wonderful beautiful serene time of year.
 I love the exquisite rustic colours of browns, golden yellows, rich reds and greens.
The way the light reflects majestically through the trees and on the water.
The soothing not burning sun and the cool breeze.
I feel alive and free.

I look forward to those crisp clear mornings and glorious warm afternoons.
Taking long walks in the woods, then coming home to a slow cooked casserole.
Toasted marshmallows and hot chocolate.
Cosy evenings cuddled up of the sofa with my muched loved throw and favourite Jane Austen novel.

It's this time of year that I wind down in preparation for the winter hibernation.
Perhaps a time to reflect on what has happened during the year.

Being that this was the first day that truly seemed to embody autumn I decided to take myself and my camera for a drive to Stourhead gardens.
If you ever wanted to see autumn colours at their best this would be the place to go.
However it seems I am a little early this year and the gardens were not quite at their most spectacular yet.

Here's just a few of the photo's I took this afternoon.
I'll pop back again in a week or so and see how much the garden changes.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful words and fantastic photos, I am very proud of you x.

Timi said...

Beautiful photos!!!
The last one looks familiar...from the film Pride and Pride and Prejudice!!! They shooted the film here!!! :o)